I am a Certified Arvigo Therapist in Maya Abdominal Therapy® and certified in prenatal, deep-tissue and relaxation massage. I completed my massage training at the Core Institute of massage and structural bodywork in 2000 and have a BA in Anthropology from UNC-Chapel Hill. My goal is to educate and empower each of my clients on their path of self- healing. I look forward to working with you on your journey.
To reach Heather directly:
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® are founded on an ancient Maya technique of ABDOMINAL MASSAGE.
This technique is performed externally by gently guiding and supporting organs back into their optimal position, allowing for improved functioning for optimal health and wellness.
Arvigo Therapy is best known for addressing misalignment or congestion in
the reproductive organs of both men
and women, as well as many common digestive disorders. The techniques effectively alleviate tissue congestion and organ constriction to improve the vital flows of energy, blood, lymph and nerves in the abdomen. It addresses and can release emotional and energetic tension from the abdomen. This assists to prevent the progression of chronic disease symptomology while improving the body’s ability toSELF REPAIR AND BALANCE.
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy ® support and enhance health and wellness throughout the life cycle for women, men, and children.
The following are the most common symptoms and conditions that Arvigo Therapy may help address:
FOR EVERYONE (infancy to elderly)
- Digestive disorders (Crohn’s, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease, Gastritis, Constipation, Indigestion, etc.)
- Muscular Tension
- Urinary System (incontinence, frequent urinary infections, etc.)
- Varicose Veins
- Fertility Enhancement
- Post Surgical (scar tissue,
- Menstrual Disorders (painful/
- Pre-Conception through Postpartum
- Discomforts of Pregnancy; Birth Preparation
- C-section/hysterectomy surgery recovery
- Pelvic Organ Congestion (endometriosis, cysts, fibroids)
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Chronic bladder/yeast infections
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Early stages of BPH (Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy)
- Prostatitis (mild)
- Impotence, Erectile Dysfunction
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING A SESSION:
- Comprehensive review of your past and present healthcare needs focusing on reproductive and digestive health
- Upper and lower abdominal
massage to help:
Align reproductive and abdominal organs to optimal position
Improve circulation to organs
Promote vital flow to support the body’s inherent healing capacity
- Evaluation of and application of bodywork to improve alignment
- Instruction in self-care massage to enhance your professional session.
- *Recommendations of complimentary modalities to support your health and wellness that may include:
o Faja – a traditional lower abdomen support wrap
o Bajos – traditional herbal pelvic steam bath of the Maya
o Castor oil packs
o Nutritional and herbal support
o Lifestyle education
Your practitioner will work with you to address your specific needs. Typically, 2-3 professional sessions (at a mini-mum) are required to address most conditions. Clients who perform their self-care massage on a routine basis report an improvement in their symptoms.